DataAide first took form many moons ago as a VB6 desktop application. I was fed up with writing the same basic code for insert, update, and delete SQL Server stored procedures. I thought 'surely there is a better way than this?'. And so we have DataAide.
Why pay upwards of $600 in license fees for multiple products when the following functionality is provided by DataAide in one product:
SQL Server 2000
- Detailed reports for all non-system objects within a database. A sample based on the ASP.Net Forums Starter Kit database can be seen here.
- Database comparison tool that allows side-by-side examination of tables, stored procedures, views, roles, or users between two databases.
- Database comparison report for tables, stored procedures, views, roles, users, or all of these object types between two databases.
- Generate Insert, Update, Delete, Select, and Select...For XML stored procedures for selected tables.
Visual Basic 6
- Generate ADO code to call selected stored procedures.
- Generate class definitions for selected tables.
- Generate ADO.Net code to call selected stored procedures.
- Generate class definitions for selected tables and type-safe collections to hold them.
- Generate Assemblies to act as Data Access Layers to your SQL Server/MSDE databases using a simple but powerful Assembly Builder utility.
- Generates webservice 'wrappers' for .Net assemblies.
- Generate code to call selected stored procedures using an ADO.NET wrapper class. The assembly called DGC.Data can be downloaded along with DataAide. The documentation for this class can be read here.
More functionality will be added as time goes on. I am trying to develop a visual builder for SELECT...FOR XML queries so hopefully that will appear soon.
Last Updated: 29 September 2004.